We are glad that you are visiting the Heritage Spanish community website!
Este es un espacio para los instructores de español que quieran colaborar, compartir y comunicarse con colegas sobre la enseñanza y el aprendizaje del español como lengua de herencia.
If you have found yourself searching for, adapting, or creating materials for your heritage classes because of a lack of readily available commercial resources, this site is for you! These are some of the actions you can do in our website:
- To start a conversation with other instructors of Spanish as a heritage language about topics or questions relevant to the community, you can register on the website and post a message in the Heritage Spanish Café chat. Los comentarios en inglés o en español son bienvenidos.
- To share SHL resources (syllabi, activities, lessons, event information, etc.), contact TeCHS Community Moderator Marco Pevia at firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you’re sharing something you’ve created, we can review it. See our Share your materials page to learn more).
- To browse SHL resources from other teachers, visit the Instructor Resources and Classroom Resources tabs, and choose what kind of resource you are looking for.
- To stay up-to-date on new resources and professional development events, sign up here for Heritage Spanish Project updates.
- To highlight your students’ success through the Heritage Student Spotlight, please nominate your student by email. Learn more about the amazing students that have been recognized here.
Marco Pevia is the moderator for this online Spanish heritage language community. Marco is currently a fourth-year undergraduate student double majoring in Spanish and Linguistics at UT Austin. His research focuses on anxieties of Heritage Spanish students in the Heritage Spanish classroom. Feel free to contact him at email@example.com with questions or comments.
We hope you will find many useful resources on our website, and that you become a part of our online community. Nos encantaría que se comuniquen con nosotros y que participen en nuestra comunidad de Heritage Spanish.
|The text of COERLL’s Heritage Spanish website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please be aware that some of the outside content listed on the site is copyrighted. See licensing page for more details.