- Narración personal in Heritage, by AnneMarie Chase, describes a classroom writing activity where heritage students wrote personal narratives, and their peers from other Spanish classes read them and gave them feedback.
- OER Spanish for Heritage Speakers [CC], is a course site developed at Lehman College, CUNY, that contains curated OER materials relevant for the class curriculum and to support the instructor in her use of varied OER activities. For more information you can contact Evelyn Durán Urrea.
- Teacher-authored materials from the COERLL Collaborators program –These lessons are a product of a school year’s worth of work. Teachers attended COERLL’s summer 2017 Spanish heritage language workshop, submitted lesson proposals, wrote their lessons, and edited and finalized their work based on feedback from the heritage Spanish project team.
- Spanglish en los medios de comunicación [CC] by Alex Zunterstein (University of Oregon)
- Spanish for Heritage Language Learners This is a collection of instructional materials developed by Gabriela Zapata (Texas A&M) for the teaching of Spanish as a heritage language at the intermediate level, grounded in the tenets of the multiliteracies framework Learning by Design. The lessons are based on authentic materials produced by Latino writers and artists, and are organized in four instructional modules with a focus on topics relevant to heritage language learners: immigration, labor, family, and bicultural/bilingual identity.
- Thematic Units for Developing Writing and Critical Awareness in Heritage Spanish Courses [CC], developed by COERLL Heritage Spanish Project Directors Yanina Hernández and Dr. José E. Hernández (University of Texas Rio Grande Valley). These thematic units are intended to develop reading, writing and a critical approach for Spanish Heritage Spanish courses.
- NEW! Unit 1 La identidad y la lengua (Para empezar) – Manual de discusión y reflexión contains reading selections, discussion and question activities for students to develop in class, and a final reflective, writing assignment
- NEW! Unit 1 La identidad y la lengua (Para empezar) – Manual de práctica includes vocabulary and grammar exercises that can be implemented as instructor sees fit
- Unit 2 Así nos identificamos
If you’d like to share a resource with the Heritage Spanish community, please contact Marco Pevia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|The text of COERLL’s Heritage Spanish website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please be aware that some of the outside content listed on the site is copyrighted. See licensing page for more details.