- List of Spanish Language Newspapers around the world
- List of Spanish Language Newspapers in the USA
- LATINO NEWS MEDIA MAP by the the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY (Spanish version | English version)
- ¡Listos![CC] by Meredith Clark and José Sologuren is a series of units for Heritage Spanish learners in grades 6-12. Three lessons aligned to the K12 Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) form four thematic clusters. Relevant scenarios related to personal life, college tasks, career readiness and civic participation frame each lesson and increase student engagement by making learning authentic and relevant to real issues that students face. Each lesson identifies an intermediate or advanced proficiency target that supports language acquisition in the interpersonal, interpretive and presentational modes. The project also provides teachers with a replicable approach to lesson design for adapting or creating their own materials.
- OER Spanish for Heritage Speakers [CC], is a course site developed at Lehman College, CUNY, that contains curated OER materials relevant for the class curriculum and to support the instructor in her use of varied OER activities. For more information you can contact Evelyn Durán Urrea.
- Spanish for Heritage Language Learners This is a collection of instructional materials developed by Gabriela Zapata (Texas A&M) for the teaching of Spanish as a heritage language at the intermediate level, grounded in the tenets of the multiliteracies framework Learning by Design. The lessons are based on authentic materials produced by Latino writers and artists, and are organized in four instructional modules with a focus on topics relevant to heritage language learners: immigration, labor, family, and bicultural/bilingual identity.
- Thematic Units for Developing Writing and Critical Awareness in Heritage Spanish Courses [CC], developed by COERLL Heritage Spanish Project Directors Yanina Hernández and Dr. José E. Hernández (University of Texas Rio Grande Valley). These thematic units are intended to develop reading, writing and a critical approach for Spanish Heritage Spanish courses.
- NEW! Unit 1 La identidad y la lengua (Para empezar) – Manual de discusión y reflexión contains reading selections, discussion and question activities for students to develop in class, and a final reflective, writing assignment
- NEW! Unit 1 La identidad y la lengua (Para empezar) – Manual de práctica includes vocabulary and grammar exercises that can be implemented as instructor sees fit
- Unit 2 Así nos identificamos
- A selection of activities created by the participants of COERLL’s 2016 Heritage Spanish Workshop
- Anchor activity for 5th grade (Liz Evers)
- SpinTX is a video archive of selected video clips and transcripts from the Spanish in Texas Corpus, a collection of video interviews with bilingual Spanish speakers in Texas.
If you’d like to share a resource with the Heritage Spanish community, please contact Luis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|The text of COERLL’s Heritage Spanish website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please be aware that some of the outside content listed on the site is copyrighted. See licensing page for more details.|