- Los acentos del español is a fun quiz to learn to distinguish some of the varieties of Spanish around the world created by the Spanish newspaper El País.
- Invenciones de la inventiva is the Spanish version of Engines of our Ingenuity, a radio program that tells the story of how our culture is formed by human creativity.
- Oral Narratives of Latin@s in Ohio is a statewide initiative to collect, catalog, and preserve oral narratives of Latinos/as in Ohio in collaboration with the Ohio Hispanic Heritage Project and the Center for Folklore Studies, directed by Elena Foulis. You can also download her free book Latin@ Stories Across Ohio from iTunes. In addition, Ohio Habla is a podcast born out of the oral history project about Latin@s in Ohio, Oral Narratives of Latin@s in Ohio (ONLO). It seeks to amplify the Latin@ experience with interviews in Spanish, English, and Spanglish
- Spanish Proficiency Exercises is a compilation of brief video clips in which native speakers of Spanish from Latin America and Spain demonstrate various language tasks.
- Catálogo de voces hispánicas is a video corpus of speakers of Spanish from around the world, created by the Centro Virtual Cervantes.
- Radio Ambulante for Teachers is a monthly newsletter with information for teachers at all levels looking for engaging, authentic Spanish Podcasts displaying a wide range of topics not only for Heritage Classes but for AP Spanish Language and Culture and other classes in secondary and higher education.
- Teacher-authored materials from the COERLL Collaborators program are a product of a school year’s worth of work. Teachers attended COERLL’s summer 2017 Spanish heritage language workshop, submitted lesson proposals, wrote their lessons, and edited and finalized their work based on feedback from the heritage Spanish project team.
- Videos for Elementary and Middle School Learners of Spanish [CC] by Josie Jesser (The Girls School of Austin)
- La Imaginación [CC] by Josie Jesser (a lesson plan to accompany one of the videos listed above)
- Spanglish en los medios de comunicación [CC] by Alex Zunterstein (University of Oregon)
- Spanish for Heritage Language Learners This is a collection of instructional materials developed by Gabriela Zapata (Texas A&M) for the teaching of Spanish as a heritage language at the intermediate level, grounded in the tenets of the multiliteracies framework Learning by Design. The lessons are based on authentic materials produced by Latino writers and artists, and are organized in four instructional modules with a focus on topics relevant to heritage language learners: immigration, labor, family, and bicultural/bilingual identity.
- Spanish in the Salinas Valley: Corpus is a great resource created by Gabriela Zapata (Texas A&M) of recordings and transcriptions of interviews and stories of bilinguals from the Salinas Valley in California. You can read more about the project here.
- A selection of activities created by the participants of COERLL’s 2016 Heritage Spanish Workshop
- PSA Activity for Heritage Learners (Cecilia Lara & Kenny Montgomery)
If you’d like to share a resource with the Heritage Spanish community, please contact Drew Colcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|The text of COERLL’s Heritage Spanish website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please be aware that some of the outside content listed on the site is copyrighted. See licensing page for more details.|