FEATURED Workshop: Effective methods to advance Heritage Spanish teaching
June 25, 2020 - June 26, 2020
COVID-19 update: This workshop will be held online in Zoom. We are working on making it as engaging as possible in the online format.
The 6th annual TeCHS/COERLL Spanish heritage language workshop will feature the following hands-on sessions from Texas educators:
- How to Advocate for and Promote your Heritage Spanish Program – Delia Montesinos and Jocelly Meiners (University of Texas at Austin)
- Small Group Literacy Instruction in the Native and HL classroom – Alana Kubeczka (Strack Intermediate School)
- Mapping for Success: Alignment in the Spanish Heritage Curriculum – Flavia Belpoliti (Texas A&M Commerce)
- SHL Reading Strategies in and out of the Classroom – Edna Velasquez (Sam Houston State University)
- Core Issues in SHL Assessment – Encarna Bermejo (Houston Baptist University)
- Using OER to Share and Advance Teaching – Carl Blyth (University of Texas at Austin)
The workshop is intended for language instructors of all levels and all contexts: K-12, community college, 4-year colleges and universities.
- Register for the workshop
View full schedule here
Thursday, June 25: 9am – 4:30pm
Friday, June 26: 9am – 4:30pm
Continuing professional education (CPE) credits are given to participants who attend the whole workshop.