- Strengthening Oral Proficiency with RICH is an article by Ligia Martínez where she describes a strategy that helps heritage learners engage in higher level conversations.
- The Danger of Defining Language for Heritage Language Learners is a relevant article written by Stephanie Knight, CASLS Language Technology Specialist.
- Life as a bilingual is a great blog written by François Grosjean and Aneta Pavlenko for Psychology Today. Some examples of interesting articles are: “What Is Translanguaging? An Interview with Ofelia García”, “What is Different about the Bilingual Brain? An interview with Ping Li” and “Language Learning in a Multilingual Country”.
- The Advanced Speaker: An Overview of the Issues in Heritage Language Teaching – a position paper by María Carreira.
- ‘OK, Dad. Why did you kill Spanish in our family?’ – an interesting podcast from Public Radio International.
- ¿Podrá sobrevivir el bilingüismo hispano en los Estados Unidos? – a news article from univision.com.
- Is America losing español? – a news article from usatoday.com.
- I succumbed to Spanglish – a news article from sandiegoreader.com
- Spanglish: Cuando empiezo en un idioma and I finish in another is a great article from Nancy Fret’s blog “Ni de aquí ni de allá: Las experiencias de una maestra de heritage Spanish”.
- The most important thing to improve your heritage students’ proficiency is a blog post with an interesting perspective written by high school teacher Christopher Cashman.
If you’d like to share an article with the Heritage Spanish community, please contact Jocelly at email@example.com.
|The text of COERLL’s Heritage Spanish website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please be aware that some of the outside content listed on the site is copyrighted. See licensing page for more details.|